Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome to Sustainable Family!

Welcome to the first installment of a new blog for readers who are interested in living their lives in a more simple and sustainable way.

So, what is a Sustainable Family?  Well, I'm not sure an official definition currently exists, but it's the best descriptive title I could come up with for a way of life that our family is trying to live for our health and well-being, and the health of our community, and the planet. 

Basically, this blog is for people who are interested in any or all of the following...

downsizing your life and repurposing your “stuff”
finding local food and even growing some of your own
doing-it-yourself to save money
bartering and unconditional giving
protecting, utilizing, and enjoying nature
getting active and involved in your community

and anything else that promotes plain and simple living!

My wife, son, and I are not experts in any of these areas, but we have become pretty passionate about living a more plain, simple, and sustainable life.  If you are an expert, or if you think something I write is unclear, incomplete, or just plain wrong, your comments are always welcome.  Or if there is something you’re particularly interested in and would like to have me write about it, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment