Sunday, March 4, 2012

New life for old sneakers...

Since I issued a challenge for everyone to try to repurpose something rather than throw it away during the month of March, I figured I should try to get started this first weekend.  This is an idea I first tried about 10 years ago, when I read it in a home improvement magazine.

One big problem I have with my cordless drill is that I tend to store it in random places, usually somewhere in the vicinity of the last place I used it.  This drives my wife crazy because she is constantly finding it and imploring me to put it where it belongs so it's not cluttering up the house.  The problem is, since I got my new one last year, I really haven't had a place that it "belongs".  Here is the storage solution I've been using since I got it.


As luck would have it, I also have about a half-dozen pairs of old sneakers, boots, etc. that my wife is also imploring me to throw away so it doesn't clutter up the shoe area.  Here's an example of a pair of classic Nike Air Pegasus cross-trainers that have seen better days.


Time to use some repurposing power to make these old sneakers disappear and solve my drill storage problem!


And voila!  My old sneakers have found new life as a storage system for the drill and the spare battery.


Of course, the bigger your feet the better this will work.  But you could use this idea to store all kinds of loose stuff around the garage or workshop.  And, this can also serve as a great conversation starter if you are hosting a fancy dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment